I.E: Mixed Martial Arts, Self Defence or Martial Arts Based Boxing and other disciplines or sports that do not traditionally have grading or belt structures
In order to join us within a non graded discipline or sport you must be able to provide the following;
COMPULSORY FOR EVERY APPLICANT
A minimum of 4 years continued practice within a singular style or discipline
In addition to the above, one or more of the following will also be required;
(We’ll discuss with you which of these is the most appropriate requirements to require. You may need to provide more than one, depending on individual circumstances assessed on a case by case basis.)
- Written testimony from an instructor (whom can provide sufficient proof of grade) and who is happy to confirm that the applicant holds the appropriate level of skill, technical competency and professional integrity to instruct unsupervised.
- Documented evidence to demonstrate continued practice for atleast 4 years in the form of club memberships, licenses, certificates or fighter records.
- A video submission confirming a ‘snapshot’ of the applicant’s abilities and technical understanding that satisfies the board of competency.
- An instructor’s certificate or qualification (see below).
Learn More About ‘Black Belt Equivalency’ Status
We’re happy to accept instructor certificates or qualifications provided they are sufficient and issued by a reputable organisation;
- If you hold an instructor’s certificate and meet the first two points of eligibility, we will generally be able to offer membership provided we are confident that the instructor’s certificate supplied has been issued by a trustworthy and professional organisation in good standing.
You’ll be pleased to know we understand the difficulties proving teaching entitlement if you practice an ungraded style and wish to set up your club in a similar town or location to that of your previous club. We know politics get involved and some past instructors may not wish to assist. If you’re in this position, please speak to us and we’ll do our best to work through the case with you.