We’re looking for an Operations Administrator to join our team on a part time basis, based in Petworth, West Sussex.
We are the BMABA – The British Martial Arts and Boxing Association. We’re a self-started social enterprise that promotes participation in grass roots martial arts. We also work to raise the standards of instructors and coaches by acting as a martial arts governing body. We’re specifically involved in campaigns and projects that help children living in poverty access self-defence training, boxing that helps to tackle knife crime and other community based initiatives.
We’ve just set up a new operations hub in petworth to deal with administrative overheads so you will be the first of a small team working at our new offices.
Job Title– Operations Administrator
Salary- £10 per hour
Hours– 15 hours per week over three days
There are two roles available, each with different working days;
Position 1 – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
Position 2 – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- 9.30am – 3pm with a 30 minute lunch break
- 10am – 3.30pm with a 30 minute lunch break
- 10am – 3pm with no lunch break
- To assist the governing body with its core administrative and operational work. This involves assisting in a number of different areas of day to day tasks and duties (as detailed below).
- To effectively manage the day to day administrative duties of the association’s core operations, to ensure the organisation can continue focusing on growing it’s community based work and developing it’s membership base.
- To process instructor and club (core member) registrations and renewals as well as participant registrations and renewals.
- To manage the general association inbox, dealing with day to day enquiries and correspondence from members of the public, and from our membership base
- To answer the association’s operations telephone number with queries from the public and from instructors
- To manage the printing, processing and dispatch of post for our members, including general correspondence, membership packs and other items
- Data entry of membership information and other submissions from our web channels to appropriate CRM systems
- To administer a number of initiatives, programs, resources and qualifications, to ensure member actions via our web channels corresponds to our CRM
- To complete other operational or administrative duties as required to assist in the day to day running of the association and to assist the organisation in its continued growth
Character and Personal Qualities:
Your character is very important to us. We are a small community based business so it is vital we employ an individual we can trust and get along well with.
- Good Sense of Humour
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be IT Literate
- Competent using Microsoft software (Word, Excel) and Outlook emails. You don’t need to be an expert but you do need to have a good working knowledge
- Fast learner and thorough with your work
- Professional telephone manner and the ability to communicate well
Full training will be provided for our bespoke systems and CRM
Important To Note:
> As this role involves working with sensitive information relating to safeguarding, insurance and personal data from our membership base, an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check will be required from all successful applicants. _The costs of this check will be met in full by the association, but you will need to make a full disclosure of any criminal convictions – spent or otherwise – at the point of an offer of employment. More information is available on request, and will be discussed with you if you’re invited to interview.
> A standard 6 month probationary period will be effective.
> Whilst the office is currently based in Petworth Town Centre, a driving license and own transport is essential as the office could relocate to a more rural (but still very local) setting after our current 2 year lease.
Qualifications and Experience:
- We don’t require you to hold any qualifications however you must be able to use a computer competently
- Previous experience in a similar role is not essential but is preferable
- Free Martial Arts & Self Defence Training
- Flexible Working Hours
- An Extra Day of Holiday for the Week of your Birthday
- 25 Days Holiday pro rata + Bank Holidays (Where Applicable) + Birthday
- Sick Pay Scheme
- 2% Pension Contribution
- Dog Friendly Office
- Option of Working from Home in Special Circumstances (e.g. Children are unwell)
- Option to Occasionally Switch Days of the Week so as not to Miss an Event (e.g. Sports Day)
- Award Winning and Rapidly Growing Organisation
- Free Lead Safeguarding Qualification and Enhanced DBS Check
- Annual Pay Review
- Relaxed and Friendly Working Environment
Please apply by sending us your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would like to work with us using for the form below.